75 km east of Kuopio. Lake Vihtajärvi 8 m (length 3 km, breadth 1 km), shallow water, sanded bottom. Pier, own boat. Wooden cabin 1974, renovated inside 2005, foyer, living room/kitchen 1 extra bed, bedroom with 2 beds, sauna, dressing room, veranda. Outside power point for the car. One pet allowed, extra charge for other pets 10 €/pet/week. Bed and high chair for a baby if needed.
* taxi (for 9 persons)
* guided rafting trips down the rapids in the River Vaikkojoki in big river boats (4-60 persons)
* fishing, also in winter
* riding possibility (only 1 km away)
* berry and mushroom picking
* cross country skiing: machine tended ski trails from cottage site
* motor sledge routes
* smoke sauna
* Slalom: Maarianvaara 23 km, Tahkovuori 60 km, Koli 80 km
* canoes and bikes for hire upon request
A 10 hectare area on a peninsula and islands by the clean waters of Lake Vihtajärvi and at the end of 60 km long River Vaikkojoki, with its handsome rapids.
The terrain is even and sheltered by solid trees. No traffic in the area. Each cottage has own lakefront, suitable for children.
ENGLISH AND GERMAN SPOKEN
ALSO COTTAGE FOR PHYSICALLY HANDICAPPED PERSONS AVAILABLE